Take your classic Christmas Brussel sprouts to a whole new sumptuous level with this recipe.
750g brussel sprouts
4 rashers of streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
100g chestnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the sprouts by discarding any large outer leaves and cutting a cross into the base.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and place the prepared sprouts in a steaming basket. Steam for 2-4 minutes, depending on the size of the sprout.
- Remove the sprouts from the pan and place in a colander to drain and dry slightly.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter. Fry off the bacon pieces and add the chopped chestnuts. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the sprouts, chestnuts, and bacon into a roasting tin and pour over the melted butter, giving it a quick stir so that everything is mixed and covered in the fat.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Serve immediately.