Oriental Pork Kebabs
Perfect for the BBQ or under the grill, the marinade in this recipe keeps the pork beautifully tender whilst maintaining a tangy and sweet taste.
750g boneless pork, cubed
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 large onions
12 medium sized mushrooms
150ml unsweetened pineapple juice
6 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 tbsp sesame seeds
1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and add the cubed pork. Cover, and leave overnight in the fridge.
- Quarter the onions and cut the quarters in half. Quarter and deseed the peppers and cut each quarter into 3.
- Place the onion in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, then add the peppers. Boil for another 2 minutes, drain and refresh.
- Drain the meat and reserve the marinade. Add the cornflour and water mixture to the marinade and bring to the boil.
- Thread the meat onto bamboo skewers, alternating with pepper, onions, and mushrooms.
- Cook on a bbq or under a preheated grill for 15-20 minutes until the pork is cooked thoroughly and lightly browned, turning and brushing with the glaze frequently.