For a heart-warming autumnal meal, try this succulent lamb paysanne recipe.
750g leg of lamb
1 aubergine – thickly sliced
1 large red onion – peeled and quartered
1 red pepper – seeded and sliced
1 yellow pepper – whole with skin on
4 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Grease a small roasting tim with oil, put the lamb in the centre of the tin (skin side up if possible) and tuck the onion and garlic around it
2. Roast for 5-20 minutes so that the meat browns, then add the rest of the vegetables to the tin, toss the, in the oil and juices and season the lamb with the salt and pepper.
3. Turn the oven down to 200°C and continue to roast until the meat is done to your taste (35-40 minutes for medium, 45-50 minutes for rare, depending on your oven)
4. Lift the meat out of the tin and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving
5. Lift the garlic out of the tin, and serve the sliced meat with the vegetables and the juices