Take your roasted parsnips to the next level this Christmas!
1tbsp goose fat
1 tbsp runny honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the parsnips into equal sizes. The easiest way to do this is to cut them in half horizontally, then cut the bottom (thinner) half in half again, and the top (thicker) half into quarters. For large or extremely tapered parsnips, the top can be cut into sixes, and the bottom can be left whole.
- While cutting the parsnips, place the goose fat in a roasting tin and place in the oven until the fat melts.
- Arrange the parsnip batons in the pan in a single layer. Spoon some of the hot fat over the top side of them, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, turning once.
- After 20 minutes, take the parsnips out of the oven and, using a pastry brush, brush a light layer of honey over each of the parsnips before returning them to the oven for 10 minutes, and serve immediately.